Free SWC Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://swctraining.board-directory.net

Learning Game Mechanics Empty Learning Game Mechanics

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm

"Well, you know that the Combine has a lot of complicated mechanics to it. In order to enjoy the game, and accomplish anything, you need to learn about those mechanics. Now you could ust read through everything. The Rules, the Guide, the Holocron, the Forums; everything, but that would get real boring real fast. Every faction out there knows this and tries to provide some form of 'training' for their members. This faction based training runs the gamut from watching Youtube videos to doing in-game tasks under the direction of an experienced player.

This training site is intended to be independent of any faction, as complete as it can be for a game that's constantly evolving, and semi-interactive for those long hyperspace trips. Since a large part of the Combine experience is role-playing, this training has been set up to be sorta like a 'choose-your-adventure' story where you make the choices..."

You interrupt the Instructor...
do you...

Say "Yeah, yeah. That's all fine and good but I want to know exactly how this training works. Less theory, more practical detail."
Say "Hey yeah, that's sounds great but there are a bunch of things you just mentioned... Mind if I ask a few questions?"
Say "Good enough. Let's get on with it. Where do I start?"
Stop listening to this windbag and find the nearest bar.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://swctraining.board-directory.net

Learning Game Mechanics Empty Re: Learning Game Mechanics

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 am

The instructor grins.
"Ah. A detail oriented little rookie. Good. I like that. Alright then, quick and to the point...
This training is set up to be a mostly-in-character story.
Blue text is a link. It could be a choice for you to make or just a link off to the Guide, Rules, et cetera.
Other colours and fonts are intended to direct your attention.
As read through the story, you make the choices. Don't worry. Even if you get yourself into a fight, what happens here has no in-game effect.
If you leave and want to resume later, you'll need to go to the main topic list and select where you want to jump back in to the training.
Not all factions will accept training here in lieu of their own training so expect some repetition.
This site is always under revision so it is possible for you to some back in a month or two and play through for a different experience.
There. That's it in a nutshell. Any other rookie questions or shall we get down to business?"

do you...

Give up and go out looking for a good time.
Say "Good enough. Let's get on with it. Where do I start?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum